Re: How to back up from "sid" to "testing"?

On Friday 19 November 2004 02:06 pm, Christian Convey wrote:
> Thanks, that's a great tip.
>
> What happens if some of those packages aren't available at all under
> "testing"?  Would the entire procedure fall on its face?

Just those packages would fail to install. The rest of the process would
continue on as normal. I've run into that a couple of times when I've had 3rd
party packages and/or custom kernel packages included on the install list. At
that point it's not be too hard to get another installed package list that's
current and run a diff on it and the previous one, then hand tweak the
install.

--

...Rob
Return address is obfuscated.