Re: maintaining deb mirror w/o online access

> Is there anything that will let me just download what has changed (on a
> daily basis) so I can put it on zip disk to bring home?  I need to do
> this without maintaining a mirror on my parent's computer.

There are plenty of solutions for mirroring Debian, e.g.
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/computing/rsdeb/, but these assume that
you have a full mirror available at run-time, which by the sounds of
it you don't want to have.

How about writing a (perl) script to read one of the "ls-lR.gz" files
that are kept on the mirror sites. The script could then generate a
listing like:

        <full-pathname-to-file-1>:<its-size>:<its-date>
        <full-pathname-to-file-2>:<its-size>:<its-date>

Perhaps such a thing already exists!

A quick google turned up http://tinyurl.com/3vn2b
which might help you.

Then if you had two such listings (yesterday's and todays) then
you could 'diff' them, and from there get the list of things
to be downloaded and deleted.

Actually I guess it would have to be more intelligent than that;
if you don't want to mirror also 'testing' then you're going
to have to examine the 'Packages' files in order to exclude
files in the pool which have changed, but which are not applicable
to the distribution you are 'mirroring'.

HTH

Alexis