Re: ssh w/o password?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 11:20:55AM -0500, Marc Shapiro wrote:

I have a two machine network at home and I want to replace ftp and telnet with ssh for security reasons. I am under the impression that it is possible to set things up so that I do not have to login with my password, but I have not been able to do so.

Thanks to Jon Dowland and Jan C. Nordholz. Both of you gave me clear and concise info that was exactly what I needed. Not only can I now run SSH, instead of telnet and ftp, but I can now remove the dummy users that had NO password that were set up just so I could run a command on one box, from a menu option on the other. My network is now much more secure than it was before.

Thanks, again.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com