Re: which kernel patches should I apply while compiling Debian kernels?

H. S. wrote:

This may sound like a dumb question but should one apply debian kernel patches to a Debian source kernel before compiling one? e.g. I am right now working on kernel source of 2.6.9. Are the patches included in this source or should I select and install the ones listed by:
$> COLUMNS=160 dpkg -l kernel-patch*

specially the ones which are kernel-patch-<string>?

And how is kernel-patch-debian-2.6.9 related to kernel-source-2.6.9?

thanks,
->HS

And what exactly do the patches do?
E.g: SG_IO-safe-commands-1: READ_BUFFER_CAPACITY as read-ok command

H.