Re: radius/pppd problems

Nathan Kroll wrote:
I am setting up a PPTP VPN that authenticates users against a radius
server.  I compiled pppd with radius support and made the changes to
the pptpd and pppd configurations that I found online (they are
below). The FreeRADIUS server is set up to authenticate via LDAP. When I tested the VPN as a user in ldap, the radius server decline the
authorization due to no password being passed.  If I add a user to the
radius users file and authenticate as that user, everything is ok.

So I think the problem is between the pppd auth configs and what
radius expects for authentication.  I'm just not sure what to try from
this point.

/etc/ppp/pptpd-options:
name pptpd
refuse-pap
refuse-chap
refuse-mschap
require-mschap-v2
require-mppe-128
ms-dns <our DNS server>
ms-wins <our WINS server>
proxyarp
nodefaultroute
debug
lock
plugin radius.so

/etc/pptpd.conf:
option /etc/ppp/pptpd-options
debug
bcrelay eth0
localip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
remoteip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx

All auth attempts were done with a windows client with the default settings.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

Maybe you'll get more help in gmane.linux.ppp :) They where very helpful with my last ppp question.

--K-sPecial