Re: framebuffer in 2.6.9, anybody got it working?

Sridhar M.A.(mas@mylug.org) is reported to have said:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:55:23PM -0500, H. S. wrote:
>    > I have been trying to get frambuffer bootup work in 2.6.9 without
>    > success so far. Cannot get the logo at all.
>
> I have it on my machine with a custom logo on bootup. I thought I would
> like to see something other than Tux on bootup screen.
>
> The debian kernels do not give the logo. (I tried 2.6.6/7/8/9). The
> configuration for the logo to show up is now a separate option unlike in
> 2.4.

Strange.  I get the logo on my debian kernels 2.6.7 & 2.6.8 but get
the 'Blank Screen' with 2.6.9, with the same config pramaters you
listed. Humm.

One rather strange thing I noticed, the modules in /lib/modules for
2.6.9 was odd... /lib/modules/2.6.9y  .  New one on me!  I am in the
process of trying all the options as modules as someone suggested
'that' had worked for him.  Will report is it does work..

Wayne

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.