Re: framebuffer in 2.6.9, anybody got it working?

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 15:55 -0500, H. S. wrote:
> I have been trying to get frambuffer bootup work in 2.6.9 without
> success so far. Cannot get the logo at all. Screen is blank till X
> starts up. I have same experience on Sid machines, one uses nv driver
> and the other ati.
>
> If somebody has that high resolution screen boot up working with the tux
> logo in 2.6.9, could you post the relevant parts of the .config file?
>
> Thanks,
> ->HS

So far all ive been able to do is compile vesafb as a module and load
it, so once it gets loaded *the module that is* the screen will go into
framebuffer. I was considering trying just the vanilla sources without
the debian patches to see if its a patch thats conflicting, apart from
that, i get the same as you.

| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|        Lisa, if you dont like your job you dont strike, |
|         just go in everyday and do it really half-assed |
|                  Thats the American way. -Homer Simpson |