Re: ssh with X window

Hello

Mauricio Lin (<mauriciolin@gmail.com>) wrote:

> I have tried to make the ssh works with X on my debian system and no
> successful results.
>
> On local mahine I have put:
>
> $ xhost ip_remote_host

Don't use xhost unless you know exactly what you do. Using

xhost +ip_remote_host

will allow that machine to connect to your X server on your machine. If
you use X over ssh, that is not necessary.

> After that I type:
>
> $ ssh -X user@ip_remote_host
>
> After I logged I type
>
> export DISPLAY=ip_local_host:0.0

ssh should set the DISPLAY itself. Don't set the DISPLAY manually to
your host. This could result in the application trying to connect to
your local_host outside of the ssh connection, which is not what you
want, because that would be unencrypted, and your X server probably
doesn't even listen on the network. Let ssh set the DISPLAY.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976