RE: change conffiles

Richard Kemp wrote:
> Yes, I tried with dpkg-divert but the result is very odd, I asked to
> the list 2 days ago but I hadn't any answer .. :(

Have you thought about maybe taking a different approach to this altogether?  I'm
assuming the point of this is to make it easier to manage the configuration of a
group of similar servers...or to restore the configuration of a particular server in
the case of hardware failure or a system reload, right?

Personally I keep all the configuration files for my servers in a CVS module, and I
use Makefiles to copy them to the right locations, set the proper permissions, and
in some cases restart daemons, etc.  This means all I need to do is checkout my cvs
module, then run make to have the configuration files pushed out.  I also have a
perl helper script that does stuff like diff my files against the installed
versions, etc.  You may want to consider something similar...it works for me quite
well.  I can provide more info if you're interested.

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors