Re: Vendors supporting Linux (Debian)...

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Yes, "anybody can ship anywhere", but not all US businesses *want*
> to deal with the import duties, taxes, fees, shipping, insurance,
> wire transfer fees, etc, when they already have a continent-wide
> nation that they can sell to w/ ease.

yup.... but there was a *.com bust too

yup... i think large multinationals corp will do it ..
and so will small corp like us, but "mid-sized" might be
the ones that dont want to deal with the headaches
( the pointy haired mid-level managers that likes to "dictate policy" )

1/3 of our (new) sales are outside the silly usa
but, when we tell um we do NOT take "mastercard/visa",
we get the infamous "click"
( "hangup", no email replies anymore, but those that reply are the
( serious customers :-)  and most buy more than "1 server"

i keep wondering, why buy from international sources, when it's
way way cheaper to build it locally

c ya
alvin