Woody -> Sarge with apt-cdrom

Although this query may already have been answered several times in
recent postings, as a new arrival to Debian, I venture to check that I
have understood the docs correctly before plunging into an upgrade
via "apt-cdrom".

I have used this routine successfully to add the "Debian 3.0R2" upgrade
disk to my successfully-installed "Debian 3.0R1"; but I blench at an
upgrade that involves tampering with the installed kernel.

Kernel-upgrades are outside my present experience.

All suggestions (or pointers to documentation) will be gratefully
received.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen