Re: dual-OS system

	I found this package in stable:

Package: libntfs3 (1.6.0-1)
Library that provides common NTFS access functions.

The Linux-NTFS project (http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/) aims to bring full
support for the NTFS filesystem to the Linux operating system.

libntfs provides common NTFS access functions for the ntfstools and other
foreign open source applications.

Please note that the library is still under heavy development and doesn't
include the majority of functionality yet. It only is capable of just
about supporting the current ntfstools, so we wouldn't recommend using it
for your own applications at this stage.

	Although I haven't looked in the other branches or done any
googling or looking at backports.org, it looks as if you'll eventually be
able to write the NTFS on your Windows XP system.  At least you'll be able
to read it.

	I'm running a dual system on a Gateway 500 using Windows 98SE and
Debian GNU/Linux woody.  The windows partition can be mounted rw under
/mnt.  The Windows OS cannot see the Linux partitions.

	Sincerely,
	(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless