[solved] SSH host key stored with IP, not host name

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2004.11.09.2318 +0100]:
> Why is node01 being identified by its IP only

Also thanks to weasel, this was due to the IP address missing from
the comma-separated list preceeding each key in the global
ssh_known_hosts file. If the line only reads

  node36 ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAA[...]

then SSH will not settle since it wants to lock name, IP and key
together. Thus, the user's known_hosts file gets an entry with the
IP, or as weasel put it:

< weasel> it knows the host by name.  now it adds the ip address to its
          knowledge too.

Making the lines read

  node36,192.168.0.136 ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAA[...]

instead solves this problem.

`. `'`