change of hostname and fqdn

What configuration files need to be changed when performing a change
of hostname and fqdn in a basically setup debian box?
Problem: I am planning to get a debian dedicated hosting service, they
make a basic woody installation, but probably they will call it debian
following the default name.
For the machine to be able to receive and send mail as a fqdn system
several files have to be configured accordingly, but I know there are
some somewhat esoteric for me. The machine will be far and
unreachable, so I want to make sure that I know what to do. Ideas and
pointers to missing facts in the following list will be greatly
appreciated.

I know that I will have to

hostname newname
# no X there most likely
emacs -nw /etc/apt/sources.list   # point to sarge
				  # aptitude update
				  # aptitude upgrade
aptitude install apache
emacs -nw /etc/apache/httpd.conf
emacs -nw /etc/hostname
emacs -nw /etc/hosts
dpkg-reconfigure exim # to make it an internet mail server by itself
		      # besides setting to the fqdn, what else i need
		      # to be aware of?

Thanks to all for any input.

AR