Re: cd burning problem

On Sunday 14 November 2004 15:13, Joris Huizer wrote:

> I tried kernel 2.6.8 and it worked fine -- but I got myself into a cd
> burning problem.
> The first time under kernel 2.6.8 , cdrecord did work, but because of
> too much business in the computer (other programs running, and the fact
> that cdrecord seems to try and get to the maximal speed, somehow) the
> written file wasn't burned correctly;
> After that problems started, it doesn't allow to burn, also not in (a
> custom) 2.6.7 kernel;

I don't quite know, as I haven't tracked it down yet - but it looks as though
there may have been a change in cdrtools (and specifically cdrecord) that is
coupled with the changes to cdrom handling with ide under the 2.6 series
kernels

> `cdrecord -scanbus` replies,

I think you need to do

cdrecord -dev /dev/hdc -scanbus

or

cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus

> I usually use
>    mkisofs -iso-level 1 -graft-points
> "/jhbackup.bz2"=/tmp/jhuizer.tar.bz2|cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 gracetime=2 -v
> -

Looks OK - except for me I can't get the burn to work at all.
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk