Re: Please help: Sarge+KDE terribly slow!?

El Domingo, 14 de Noviembre de 2004 13:29, Mirek Stefanski escribió:
> Hi All,
>
> On my home PC (333MHZ Celeron, 192MB RAM) I was happy user of Woody with
>   KDE (regullary updated) as my desktop env. Graphical desktop started
> about 1-2 minutes and after next 1 minute I had fully functional desktop.
>
> But one day I decided to upgrade to Sarge - after one day battle it was
> done. Now I have to wait about 10 minutes to start KDE desktop, and
> first start of any application (konsole, mozilla) takes a long time.

I can confirm the same in a Pentium III 850 Mhz, with 512 MB ram. I have a
dual instalation with SuSE 9.0 and Debian-sarge. The time loading anything
with Debian-Sarge-KDE costs more than double than the same with SuSE :(

Please, a solution or I will have to abandon debian-sarge.

Guillermo
--
Guillermo Ballester Valor
gbv@oxixares.com