Migrating from qmail: which MTA?

We are planning to migrate a bunch of hosting servers from RH73 + qmail + vmailmgr to Sarge and I'd appreciate on the comments of the choice of MTA to use.

Requirements:
- Maildir support;
- Software binary packages are in the main Debian archive (so we are guaranteed prompt security updates when Sarge becomes stable);
- IMAPD, POP3;

Optional:
- .qmail support would be nice but not important;
- TLS/SSL support for IMAPD/POP3 would be nice but not 100% necessary;

Other notes:
- I am currently tending towards Courier, but is it widely used by Debian users; - we write our own SMTPD (proxy, actually) because qmail-smtpd sucks, and we'll probably retain our code; - we use vmailmgr for virtual domain users; I don't know how qmail-specific it is, and will probably rewrite/reimplement it with the new MTA if we must. We plan to retain vmailmgr's virtual users databases (passwd.cdb) for the time being.

Regards,
dave