interfaceing to ancient TRS-80 model 100 portable

I have inherited an old Tandy TRS-80 model 100 portable computer.
What Debian software do I use for this. No ... I/m not trying to put Linux on a Basic-only machine. But it hase a serial port to upload/download data and programs -- but I have no documentation. I can probably get it to pipe stuff out as a serial stream, of possibly ancient stuff like Xmodem.

Does anyone have actual experience with these things?

-- hendrik