Re: Dell Latitude D800 w/ NVIDIA driver on Sarge, trouble setting resolution to 1920x1200

Ralph Seichter wrote:

I've successfully installed the latest NVIDIA driver on a Dell
Latitude D800 running Debian Sarge, but now I'm struggling with the
screen resolution. The D800 LCD monitor has a unusual resolution of
1920x1200, and manually adding this mode to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
did not seem to help. The screen dimension is 1600x1200, but it is
being stretched to the full monitor size.

I also tried "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree82", but I there is no
1920x1200 resolution which I could choose (only 1920x1440 pixels are
available, which is too big). Are there some configuration options
which I overlooked?

Hello

Same problem for me with an ati card on a dell 9100

Had to switch to X.Org to solve it

Regards,