Re: LILO menu wiped off MBR

That should not have been affected.  Just edit /etc/lilo.conf to include
a suitable stanza pointing at your windows partition and re-run lilo
before rebooting.  If it was only a re-install in the same place, I'd
expect your old lilo.conf to still work.

--
richard

	Booting into Windows was not a problem.  It's re-establing all the
programs that have to be in the registry.  I had installed conflicting
programs and finally had to go the recovery CDROM and blow away the
Windows directory.  The fix also restored the MBR which wiped out LILO.

	Restoring LILO to the MBR (since /etc/lilo.conf was already
edited) was all that was necessary.  Windows was and is the problem.  As I
learn to use Debian GNU/Linux, I'll use Windows less and less.  For
example, I'm learning how to use KMail under woody.

	Thanks anyway.  The rest of my questions, being all Windows mess,
will be directed at the local PC Users Group which run mainly Windows.

		Sincerely,
		(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless