Re: why debian

--- ken keanon <kenkeanon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are so many distros out there its confusing.
> Any reason(s) why Debian should be the preferred
> choice?
>
> Any statistics from any source(s) to proof the
> popularity of Debian?
>
> I'm in the dark waiting to be enlightened.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ken

I had test SuSE, Madrake, Redhat and of course Debian.
In my opinion Debian is the best, fisrt it stills tol
free,
this fact make it most robust because there is not one
company restricting some things. All the support that
you need is in this list at least for me. In this list
you can get a response in less time than an enterprise
support aproach. Besides Debian has NON-US packages I
think this is a great advantage too.

Also the way Debian is installed is better, let you
have more control over you linux box.

Debian does not have that programs that hide the
details to users in configuration issues, so the only
restriction to customize your linux box is your
imagination.

I had two servers in my enterprise with Debian since I
installed them, they had never crash.

And I am sure that there are more technical details
that make it the best.

This is just an opinion.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some
have greatness thrust upon'em (Shakespeare).

Regards.

=====
--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)