Re: why debian

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:11:27 -0800 (PST), ken keanon
<kenkeanon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are so many distros out there its confusing. Any reason(s) why Debian
> should be the preferred choice?
>
> Any statistics from any source(s) to proof the popularity of Debian?
>
> I'm in the dark waiting to be enlightened.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ken
The beauty of Debian and Linux in general is that when you ask users
why they use it, you'll get many different answers.  The reason their
are so many distributions is that enables choice. If you don't like
the way Debian does it, chances are there is someone
out there who will suit your needs.

I personally like Debian just because its easy and straight forward to
get basic stuff setup.  Its my server distro of choice.  Everyone has
dependency handling now but apt-get is still king.

Basically, try it out and see what you think.  If you don't like it,
we aren't going to get a pay cut because of it.  Have Fun!