Followup: No CD sound with Alsa

Hi Debian!

A note was added to my bugreport that Alsa did not have CDaudio with my cs4232 isa card: "I Failed to turn on CD Playback switch":
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=625

I think that switch refers to the slider on alsamixer. But if the slider is not present you cannot turn it on. I stand to be corrected.

Also the poster suggested I add /var/lib/alsa/asound.state for debugging. I did. That's where that file is on Debian. I did not know about that file: it shows all the controls you have in a text file: CD audio is not in it in my case.

Also the above link puts me on a login page, but then it shows the report, YMMV, but registration is perhaps necessary with Alsa.

Hugo