Restore /var/cache/debconf

Hello,

I've remove the /var/cache/debconf directory by mistake and now
package installation in my system seems to work wrong: when I apt-get
install some package, the package is downloaded from the Net, but at
actual installation time an error message apears:

debconf: DbDriver "config": could not open
/var/cache/debconf/config.dat

and, althought the package seems to being installed finally, I think
that this is not the right behaviour...

A example:

vm1:/var/cache# apt-get install wget
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
wget
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 81 not upgraded.
Need to get 425kB of archives.
After unpacking 1491kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 ftp://ftp.debian.org testing/main wget 1.9.1-8 [425kB]
Fetched 425kB in 1m31s (4643B/s)
debconf: DbDriver "config": could not open
/var/cache/debconf/config.dat
Selecting previously deselected package wget.
(Reading database ... 19876 files and directories currently
installed.)
Unpacking wget (from .../archives/wget_1.9.1-8_i386.deb) ...
Setting up wget (1.9.1-8) ...

vm1:/var/cache# wget --version
GNU Wget 1.9.1

Is there any way to restore /var/cache/debconf in order to solve the
error situation?

I always have thought that the critical "pieces of information"
related with packages were under /var/lib/dpkg...

Any help is welcome!

Thank you in advance!

------
Fermín