Ext3 file system crash

Hi all,

Like the earlier post from other user, I also experienced this. I am
asking for help here or ideas.

I installed knoppix 3.4 to harddisk (debian based option), kernel
2.4.26, and using ext3 for all my file system. my etc/fstab:

# filesystem  mountpoint  type  options  dump  pass
/dev/hda7  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
/dev/hda9  /var  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
/dev/hda10  /tmp  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
/dev/hda11  /home  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1

proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
/dev/fd0  /floppy  autofs  defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
usbdevfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs  defaults  0  0
sysfs  /sys  sysfs  defaults  0  0

one day, suddenly, my / file system crash after reboot. and I have to
answer lots of yes.. to fix the error. after that, I think some of
system files were deleted and I can get into the system anymore.. it
just hangs. after that, I've to reinstall knoppix, upgrading to sarge
again, etc.

After some reading, I thought to set my file system check interval to
be every few days, every 3 mounts or 1 day. But, everytime, the root
(/) file system was checked, at 90%, there are some errors. some time
it was fixed with still some error, sometime it was clean. Until
today, the file root (/) system is never really clean after reboot.

I don't know what is wrong with my PC, some time, the system reported
ext3fs error on console.. I can't remember the message.

any help would be really appreciated. thanks.