Re: large disk woe under debian installation

kernels under some versions of 2.4.XX don't have suport for LBA 48 (48 bits of
adressinfg space), they only support 28 bits of addressing(129Gb).

if you compile the 2.4.27 or some of 2.6.XX you will have suport for large
disks.

there is a thread in this list that explanes this... if you want to read more
about it

--
Rui Silva
ruka@tugamail.com