Re: when sarge will be released?

Hi,

Am Montag, den 08.11.2004, 05:55 -0500 schrieb Carl Fink:
> Speaking as the admin of a Woody server, it's not really usable any
> more.  I'm in the position now of considering other distros just
> because this stays up in the air.
>
> At this point, truthfully, I'm wondering when Etch is due for
> release.  If it's another multi-year wait, I'll have to look at
> alternatives.

Fully agree. One is alone in darkness when looking for solutions for
exim3, stoneage-shorewall etc. Woody is full of applications that are
not used anymore by most people, so nobody can help or googled solutions
don't work (describe newer versions).

sid is nice for my desktop, but for my servers I am also looking for
another distro. Unfortunately Ubuntu is targeted to desktops.

I *really* wish there were a "server only debian" with once-a-year
release.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/