Re: Mcopy not removing the "^M" character

--- David Jardine <david@jardine.de> wrote:

> If you're putting something on to a windows machine,
> wouldn't
> mcopy automatically use the dos CR-LF?

I was trying to remove the CR-LF so the /etc/hosts
file lookup wouldn't be messed up.  I never did get
"mcopy -T" (or any option or combination of options)
to do it.  Instead I used the KDE file manager as root
(something I ususally use "nano" and a shell) and cut
and paste.  It was smart enough to strip them off.

ejd