alsaconf

I have installed libasound1, alsa-base, alsa-utils. When I run alsaconf
it says it can't find any PCI sound cards even though I have an Ensoniq
AudioPCI (ES1371) that is detected on startup.

I get gnome window sounds and xmms plays mp3 files so I do have sound.
What I ultimately want to get working is gnomemeeting and evidently I
need alsa for that.

What else do I need to do to get alsa functional?

--
"Only a mediocre writer is always at his best."
	-- William Somerset Maugham, British writer (1874-1965)