Re: Permanent disabling sound in X isn't possible (Re: Sounds off in bash)

> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:38:25 +0100
> otto.wyss@orpatec.ch (Otto Wyss) wrote:
>
> > It's now 2 weeks later, I've asked in 2 different newsgroups, poked
> > around every possible place on the net and still don't know how to
> > permanenty disable the sound in X. How can Linux ever become a
> > contender in the desktop marked if such a simple thing can't be
> > accomplished?!?
> >
> Can't you just tell your box that it has the wrong soundcard?

No and yes! If you had read the full thread you would know that it's the
internal loudspeaker.

No, I can't do anything with the soundcard.

Yes, I've disconnected the cable of the loudspeaker but since I have a
doalboot system I like to have this its sound where it's better used
than in bash.

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";