Re: vote: best webmail !

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 02:42:55PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:42:55 +0100
> From: Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org>
> To: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
> Cc: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: vote: best webmail !
>
> > Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com> [2004-11-05 08:06]:
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:50:04 +0800 (CST), ms linux
> > <deb_milist@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> >
> > > squirrelmail ? openwebmail ? or ...
> >
> > Hands down, no contest, category-killer, industrial strength, don't
> > try this at home kids:
> >
> > IMP
> >
> > http://www.horde.org/imp/
> >

> Is there anywhere a detailed, precise and concise ( ,-) ) instruction
> manual on what is required to configure imp on Debian unstable?
  There is, but mostly written in php :) What exactly do you need? It
worked out of box (almost), and I only had problems configuring it to
use LDAP for preferences and contact information. If you use (my|pg)sql
for such things, it can be configured via debconf. Source files are well
documented, and intstalling source package of imp3 helped me much (after
that I've found examples I needed in /usr/share/doc/imp3/examples, but I
already had all of functionallity I needed)

  Good Luck!

--
Alexei Chetroi