Re: IA-64 installation

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:47:53PM +0200, Radie Erasmus wrote:
> I am using Fedora on my AMD Athlon 64 PC at home,

In that case, you don't need IA-64 (which is for Intel's itanium
architecture, see <http://www.intel.com/design/itanium/family/>), but
the amd64 port instead. That port hasn't been made an official Debian
port yet; however, you can install the unofficial amd64 port which is
located at <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-amd64>. Of special
interest to you will probably be the FAQ about that project, which also
contains information on how to install; you can find this on
<http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html>.

Finally, this list isn't the right place for this type of questions;
debian-user@lists.debian.org would've been more appropriate (Cc set).

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks