Re: Kernel 2.6.8 and usb

Ross Boylan wrote:

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 11:18:50AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
I have been having problems getting the 2.6 kernel to properly identify my usb ports when my printer and scanner are plugged in. The boot
using a Knoppix .config file. Apparently there seems to be a bug either in the hardware on my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-7IXE4) or in the way the Knoppix .config file is recognizing my hardware.

Hmm... I have the same motherboard, and I've been unable to get my
printer to work via USB with a 2.4.26 kernel.  A USB scanner works
fine.

I'm really beginning to wonder if this just isn't a bug in Gigabyte's usb firmware. I stated earlier on this thread that I was getting an error when hotplug would attempt to load and start all the usb modules on a 2.4.27 kernel at boot too(usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout). What is really strange is that I did an apt-get update and then an upgrade to get the latest sarge packages on Thursday or Friday and that error went away. Sure wish it would have fixed the 2.6 problem with usb too, but no such luck. And, no, there were no kernel patches or upgrades in the files listed by apt to be upgraded.