Re: Java Variants.

Katipo wrote:

Hello,

I've been trying out a number of editors for doc writing: conglomerate, mlview - for xml, quanta for html, and mucking round with other bits and pieces, some work to some degree.
In the end I've installed this:-

http://www.jedit.org/

which isn't strictly a debian package, and being java based, I tried it out with kaffee only to have it segfault, so now I have to install a java variant (Blackdown 1.4, I am assuming) on my completely free sarge machine.

So, the question is, what is the appropriate line to add in /etc/apt/sources.list?
Is anybody else running this?

I have played with jedit. It seems capabile. I can't help you with the line for blackdown. I followed this link to get jave working on my box:

http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/DEV/Java+on+Debian?showAttachments=true#attachments

HTH.

Thanks for any info.
Regards,