How to create ALSA device nodes?

Hello!

I have removed udev and now my ALSA device nodes are gone. What would be the
best way to create the device nodes required by ALSA?

I know the device numbers/names from the documentation, but I hate typing so
much. The documentation
in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt says "Use
the /dev/MAKEDEV script to create the nessecary device nodes.".. but my
MAKEDEV script doesnt know anything about ALSA (it knows audio, but not
alsa). Should "MAKEDEV alsa" work? Or is there some other script that creates
ALSA device nodes?

thanks,
Max