Re: Question about debian install cd

On Saturday 30 October 2004 02:38, Lian Liming wrote:
> Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That is exactly my question. How to choose the 2.6 kernel
> >>as my install kernel version?
> >>Current available Debian install cds seem just have 2.4 kernel or
> >>earlier version.
> >
> >if you are using the sarge install disc, you can install using the 2.6
> >kernel.
> >
> >when you get to the boot prompt for the installer, instead of just
> >hitting enter, you could type "linux26" to procede with a 2.6 kernel
> >install.
> >
> >hitting the f? keys (where ? = 1-6) at the boot prompt gives you more
> >options and information about what the install is doing.
> >
> >-matt zagrabelny
>
> Ok, that solve the problem of kernel version. How about the boot
> program? Once i use 2.4 kernel to install the system, i find i can only
> choose "lilo" to be my boot program. I'd prefer "grub". Is it supported
> when installation?

once again if you use the sarge installer there's un option to choose witch
boot loader you wish to install.
if you can't find one, you can do one of these things:
- donwload another sarge installer disk (try a daily buid)
- install lilo and after the installation run :
                             apt-get install grub
        grub-install

--
Rui Silva