Re: Audio Problem

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:47:40 -0700 (PDT), Sergio Basurto
<basurto@canada.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:07:04 +0200, Andrea Vettorello
> wrote:

[...]

> Thanks for the feedback, I already have a mixer, and it
> does not work, I think may be I have the wrong driver
> installed. Is posible load a driver even if this one is
> not the correct?

With "lspci -v" (or catting in /proc) you'll have a reasonable idea of
what kind of audio HW you have and a good guess what kernel modules
you need to load, i'm supposing you're using a Debian kernele package.

As Robin suggested, you can try Alsa, with recent kernels (2.6.x
series) OSS drivers use are deprecated and Alsa supports more audio
HW. With the 2.4.x kernel series you should find precompiled Debian
packages for drivers (aka kernel modules) and you need alsa-utils
(alsaconf) to configure it...

> I am trying other thing right now I did this
> #cat file.wav >/dev/audio
> Device or resource busy
>
> any idea.

Do you have any sound daemon running, like Esound or Arts?

Andrea