Re: CUPS localhost listenning ONLY

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 18:06 +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:54 +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>I set
> >>
> >>Listen localhost:631
> >>
> >>and now
> >>
> >>lsof -i give
> >>
> >>cupsd (...) TCP localhost:ipp (LISTEN)
> >>cpusd (...) UDP *:ipp
> >>
> >>The first line is what I wanted:
> >>what about the second line ?
> >>is it necessary
> >

> > UDP is a "sister protocol" to TCP.
> >

> >>how can we switch off it ?
> >

> > Don't.  It's necessary for CUPS.
>
> so my curent configuration is the best that I can get
> if I want just listen the local host: correct ?

Looks like that to me.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"I have been assured by a very knowing American of my
acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is
at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food,
whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt
that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout."
A MODEST PROPOSAL FOR PREVENTING THE CHILDREN OF POOR PEOPLE IN
IRELAND FROM BEING A BURDEN TO THEIR PARENTS OR COUNTRY