Re: Knoppix boot vs debian boot

Jerome Lacoste wrote:

Hi,

long time Debian user, I often use Knoppix for rescue and test
operations.

There are things that makes the Knoppix boot lean and clean, e.g. the
hardware autodetection, etc...

But I don't have that on my unstable boxes. So I am wondering if it's a
Knoppix special feature or if I don't have installed the required
packages or configured them correctly.

Cheers,

Jerome

Slightly OT, but I've noticed that knoppix never has any trouble detecting and starting the sound card, whereas it's always been very difficult to get sound working on debian. Is there some sound magic going on in the knoppix system that might be helpful?

--
Cheers,

  .~.
  /V\