Re:%20Re: Firefox(0.10.1+1.0PR-4) window doesn't open.

Hello John,

The .mozilla directory should not matter. Its the
firefox directory in the .mozilla directory which
carries the mozilla-firefox profile. Removing .mozilla
directory would have meant moving my Seamonkey profile
in the process, which didn't seem to be the root of
the problem.

Firefox is running for me now. I did apt-get --purge
remove mozilla-firefox. And it told me that purging
was not complete as some directories were not empty. I
was confused because the plugins directory wasn't
empty as I had removed the livehttpheaders and diggler
extensions I used with Firefox. But on further
investigation I saw that Mozilla Seamonkey and Mozilla
Firefox packages both use the same extensions
packages. There were indications of a couple of
extensions still listed(under extensions dir) which
were working in Mozilla Seamonkey, but which were not
listed in Mozilla Firefox (old version, 0.9.3). These
extensions although not visible were still listed in
the plugins directory. Its quite possible that they
may have been diabled in one of the earlier upgrade of
Firefox.

So, I had to remove 'all' mozilla/firefox extensions
and then reinstall Firefox. Got Firefox running and
then again had to reinstall the few extensions to be
able to use them!!

Simply "disabling" an extension if it is not
compatible with an upgrade is not a good idea. The
user should be shown the complete list of extensions
which are listed in the extensions folder (e.g.
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/extensions) with an indicator
that it is enabled or disabled. Although a better
place for this suggestion would be Mozillazine, but I
thought of writing here just for the record.

Thanks,
/KS