exim4 configuration problem with unstable

Hi,

I'm having a problem with unstable that it spits out these errors when
I try to start exim4 for the first time after editing it to use
maidlir:
Restarting MTA: 2004-10-28 05:07:46 Exim configuration error in line
23 of /etc/exim4/exim4.conf:
  malformed macro definition

Warning! Invalid configuration file for exim4. Exiting.
 line 23 is:  DEBCONFminimaldnsDEBCONF

I have narrowed the problem down to anything that starts off DEBCONF
in the exim.conf file. There is around 8 of these lines. I tried to
comment them out and restart, but that just fails miserably also.

I'm actually wondering if this is a bug or not. I have tried on two
different boxes with the same results. I'm hoping that's just not my
bad luck.

Has anyone experienced this kind of behaviour before? Exim will run
with the default configuration by sending to /var/mail$user which I
can't have.

Any help on this matter would be great. If you would like me to post
the exim.conf I shall do that.

Thanks,

Tam.