Re: CUPS Printer Sharing Problem - Thanks

Thanks - you are both right.

I missed the <location /printers> in my first reading of the lengthy
option-rich /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file.  When I enabled this option the
error message disappeared but the transmission still did not work.

The line http:/Dragon:631/ipp was one of the suggested entries listed
when setting up the printer with lynx localhost:631 but the Cups manual
at localhost:631/Documentation.html indicates the line should be
http://Dragon:631/printers/ep.

After making both these changes Phoenix could use Dragon's printer.

Tom George