RE: Re: MMap problem with "apt" -v 0.5.4

--- Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:

> Check the archives or try google.  That question
> comes up every month!
> --

Yeah, my bad, that was an easy one.  I had just
updated my kernel and thought the problem might be
there.  But maybe the frequency of the question should
be telling the people that maintain APT something.

AND...there is no apt.conf file even set up by
default.  You have to go and fetch it from the
/usr/share/docs/apt .  If it was there many would have
done a "man apt.conf" even if they didn't read a
HOW-TO.  These are the small things that linux
programmers should pay attention to and fix, not
simply wave their hands in derision at the foolish
newbie.

ejd