Debian Chown Problem

Hey Everyone!

I am having some trouble with a debian mirror. We setup a debian mirror a while back here at UND Aerospace. The problem comes when the system copies the files to ouor current debian mirror. The script I wrote uses the debmirror script to copy files via rsync from archive.progeny.com.

When I go to do an apt-get update, however, I get this sometimes:

Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages 302 Found Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/Packages 302 Found Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/contrib/binary-i386/Packages 302 Found Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/main/source/Sources 302 Found Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/non-free/source/Sources 302 Found Failed to fetch http://debian.aero.und.edu/debian/dists/stable/contrib/source/Sources 302 Found E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

If I do a chown -R root.root /var/www/debian.aero.und.edu/html, it will work ok. I have, of course, automated this, but I was wondering if there was an easier way. It seems to me that the permissions should be copied over from the mirror in a ready-to-use fashion, rather than having to execute chown every time the script is run for it to function.

Thoughts?

--
Scott Johnson