ACL inheritance, group supervisors, rwX access

We set up a cluster to host groups of students. Each group has
a supervisor who must have read-write access to all students
directories. This seems to require ACLs.

We have the following structure of the home directories:

 /home
  |-- group-a
  |   |-- student-1
  |   `-- student-2
  |-- group-b
  |   |-- student-1
  |   `-- student-2
  `-- group-c
      |-- student-1
      `-- student-2

Instead of applying ACLs recursively, I would like to be able to say
that admin-a gets rwX rights to the directory group-a and all its
subdirectories and files.

However, I have not really been able to achieve this with setfacl.
I would think it has something to do with masks, but my ACL
understanding is a little hazy.

Thus, I turn to you:

  - Is this possible at all?
  - How do I achieve what I need?

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"i call christianity the one great curse, the one enormous and
 innermost perversion, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no
 means are too venemous, too underhand, too underground and too petty
 -- i call it the one immortal blemish of mankind."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche