From: Alvin Oga [mailto:aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:41 PM
To: Luke Kearney
Cc: Debian Users
Subject: Re: WiFi

hi ya

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Luke Kearney wrote:

> > what is its chipset ????
> > 	- if you cannot answer that, than you're in for some fun
>
> AR5001X+

some/most of atheros chips uses the madwifi driver ... but you'd need to
double check that particular chipset

madwifi does NOT support ad-hoc, auto yet
its just starting to support wpa ... lots of dun debugging it
if you want
but it does work, but NOT as a wpa ap

> > linux AP howto
> > 	http://linux-wireless.org/AP/#AP
>
> 'preciate the link.

the (atheros/madwifi) Drivers is listed too

c ya
alvin