Print problem

Howdy,

I recently installed debian on a Athlon-based machine using the new sarge
installer (linux26). I selected minimal packages, then did a dist-upgrade to
sid. After that, I used aptitude to install my remaining packages (X, kde,
cupsys,foomatic,etc).  However, I can't print.

I checked printer function from a windows partition, where it worked. Back in
linux I made sure the parport and parport_pc modules were loaded and verified
I was using a known good config file for cups. Examining the cups logs and
other syslogs didn't reveal anything (to me). dmesg | grep lp showed:

lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
lp0: ECP mode
lp0: ECP mode
lp0: ECP mode