help with DHCP clinet

Hello, lists,

I'm using Debian Woody with base system and few packages installed.
I've upgrade Gcc to v3.3.3,  Glibc to 2.3.2, Kernel to 2.4.27.

My box locates in an environment in which DHCP is been using for IP address
assignment, and also a user account is required for logging into service to
reach outside of the local net. In theory, DHCP would send renewal request
to server end periodically the mean by which DHCP server can know the client
is alive, otherwise, DHCP would think it dead, in my case, server end would
also automatically sign out my account so that my box could not reach
outside of the local net till next time manually signing in.

>From PS output, I can see a process "dhclient-2.2.x -q eth0" right there,
but there's no renewal request been sent out at all in daemon.log unless I
issue the command "/etc/init.d/networking restart"....

What's wrong with it? Any help appreciated..

Kevin Wang