Re: Network driver for Dell PowerEdge 1850

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 05:24, Stuart Murray wrote:
> Anyone know which network adapter to use for this
> server?
>
> Thanks

We've got about 300 Dell servers here. PE 1550, 1650, 1750, 2650, 2850
but no 1850s.

I can tell you that all these servers use either tg3, e100, or e1000.

I'd be surprised if the 1850 used anything other than one of these.

Dell has an excellent mailing list. If you don't want to join then just
check the archives. Their head Linux engineer is Matt Domsch who is very
active on the kernel side of things. Feed his name to google...

If you have _any_ trouble loading a Dell with Linux then he is the guy
you want to ask. Most likely you'll find a solution on his mailing list.

--
Eric Gaumer <gaumerel@ecs.fullerton.edu>