Re: Bugs in g++ on Sarge?

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 00:27, Patrick Albuquerque wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 07:45:17AM -0400, James Wiggs wrote:
> >    I'm trying to determine if I've found bugs in the C++ compiler
> > on Sarge or not.  I'm trying to compile quickfix-1.9.2 and some of
>
> I tried compile, just for kicks.
>
> No problems.  One question - what does the software do?
>
> Sarge, gcc-3.3, 512M ram, 1Ghz *underclocked* Athlon cpu.
>
> hth,
> Patrick.
> --

   Underclocked?  Gotta respect a guy who conserves hardware.  Many
thanks for the data point.  FIX stands for "FInancial eXchange" and
it is probably the most prevalent standard for interchange of data
in the trading markets.  The QuickFIX project aims to provide a free
implementation of the standard, and from what I've determined, has
in fact accomplished that.  A lot of big players use it.  It handles
the work of maintaining socket connections, heartbeats, sessions,
packing and unpacking of messages in the standard format, transforms
to XML, etc.  *Very* nice piece of work.  It has been a major help
to us.  I've been trying to give back with bug reports, etc.

thanks again,
Jim